Since I began blogging, one of the illnesses I learned a lot about was MCS – Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. This is an illness that develops after a certain amount of exposure to chemicals where your body becomes hyper-sensitive to almost everything. In a sense, you become “Allergic to Life,” which is the title of a book by one of the bloggers who first taught me about MCS – Kathryn Treat.
The thing that I found most profoundly frightening about MCS was that it could happen to anyone. Chemicals are like drugs, and the “overdose” amount for each one is different from person to person and hasn’t been studied much. While you may think you couldn’t possibly be at risk for this “overdose,” you have to remember that chemicals are in literally everything – your soaps, lotions, perfumes, shampoos, cleaning products, water, the air outside – EVERYTHING.
View original post 968 more words